Tuesday, March 30, 2010

FAITH = The Ultimate Adventure




FAITH - So, it is true for me that my Faith with a capital "F" is my ultimate adventure. Trusting God in all I do, in all my actions and in all my desires and intentions, is the ultimate "I have no idea where I am going, but I will keep going!" There is a famous recovery prayer that I carry in my wallet and I refer to it when my faith is tested especially hard.

Dear God,

I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.

But I believe this: I believe that the desire to be sober us your will for me. I hope that I practice that desire in everything I do. I hope that I never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it at the time.

Therefore, I will trust you always; for though I may seem to be lost, and in the shadow of death, I will not be afraid because I know you will never leave me to face my troubles all alone."

All I can attest to is that I have never been left alone. Faith - I dedicate each month to a spiritual concept, Jan-Honesty, Feb-Hope, Mar-Faith. March is the month of faith. I have faith because I took a leap into the great unknown and I survived. I have faith because my right prayers were answered and my wrong prayers were not. I have a heart bursting with love and a body made strong by challenges. I have everything I need today; I have enough to spare and to give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment