Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October...the Month of Preseverance


Adversity, and perseverance and all these things can shape you. They can give you a value and a self-esteem that is priceless. - Scott Hamilton
 
But the person who scored well on an SAT will not necessarily be the best doctor or the best lawyer or the best businessman. These tests do not measure character, leadership, creativity, perseverance. - William J. Wilson

By perseverance the snail reached the ark. - Charles Spurgeon

Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air. - John Quincy Adams
Everything that I've ever been able to accomplish in skating and in life has come out of adversity and perseverance.  - Scott Hamilton

Failure after long perseverance is much grander than never to have a striving good enough to be called a failure. - George Eliot

Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority. - Vince Lombardi

Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance. - Samuel Johnson

I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature. - John D. Rockefeller

I don't know what keeps me going. Sometimes I wonder... I think it's just pure perseverance and wanting to succeed and having that burning desire to always have success. - Tanya Tucker

I learned patience, perseverance, and dedication. Now I really know myself, and I know my voice. It's a voice of pain and victory. - Anthony Hamilton

I need a teacher quite as much as Helen. I know the education of this child will be the distinguishing event of my life, if I have the brains and perseverance to accomplish it. - Anne Sullivan Macy

I pray they will carry on in spite of that dreadful monster prejudice, and with patience, courage, fortitude and perseverance achieve success for themselves. - Major Taylor

I wish the Peace Corps and its volunteers continued success and perseverance. We are grateful for their contributions to society and dedication to providing assistance where it is needed. May the Peace Corps continue its legacy of service, both at home and abroad. - Kenny Marchant

I'll admit that it's not easy to get an agent, but becoming successful in anything requires perseverance. -Nicholas Sparks

If we bestow but a very little attention to the economy of the animal creation, we shall find manifest examples of premeditation, perseverance, resolution, and consumate artifice, in order to effect their purpose. - William Bartram

If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius. - Joseph Addison

No comments:

Post a Comment