Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Prayers Answered, Change.

This morning I got to the office around 5:40am and went to post my status.  I have never done this before, but I posted a prayer...God, I have so much to do in the next 5 months and I have no idea how I am going to get it all done. Please help me to do the most important thing at the moment. Help me not to waste time. Help my to do Your will.  Help me to be balanced and healthy.  Help me."

This afternoon, I came back to the office after lunch and was called in to the Managing Partner's office and was asked to resign because of this blog; because I had posted my Motion to Terminate my Federal Probation which was granted on May 18, 2010.  The lawyers were afraid that my past would hurt them with their clients.  The ironic thing was that the lawyer who asked for my resignation received similar treatment from his previous firm.  He wanted to post on his on-line biography that he was the President of a Gay and Lesbian Lawyers Association.  His partners were afraid that the "gay" lawyer would also hurt their reputation.  Ironic, right?

That's ok.  God is doing for me what I could not do for myself.  My prayers were answered.  Shady things happened there and I am free...I am a gay, alcoholic, former felon who now leads an honest life, helping other alcoholics and addicts, running marathons and triathlons for charitable causes, and working on openning my own treatment center.  I want to be a good, ethical lawyer.  I want to be a strong economist. I want to be an accomplished leader in the treatment of drug addiction, alcoholism and chemical dependency.  I want to be a man of integrity.  This is my chance... 

No comments:

Post a Comment