Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Japanese Attack on Pearl Harbor - 70th Anniversary














Today is the 70th year since the Sunday attacks on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii by the Empire of Japan.  This action caused the United States to declare war on Japan and led to the USA's entrance into World War II.  Japan was destroyed and had to rebuild from the ashes.  Rebuild it did and I had the opportunity to live in Japan for one year from 1984-1985.  I fell in love with Japan and it became one of the most transformational years of my life.  I love so much of Japanese life, language, culture and people.  I cannot imagine being at war with these people, but then I cannot imagine being at war with any people.  I have friends in almost every country of the world and have no enemies, except for those people who do not know me yet. 

Many people hate former adversaries in war.  I can't imagine such hatred. I honor all who died in this attack - all who died.

No comments:

Post a Comment