Saturday, August 3, 2013

This evening, I was listening to "This American Life" on NPR; it was last week's episode and the third time I heard it. The first time was last Saturday when I was driving from Naples to Orlando; then again last Sunday working out at the Gym Downtown. However, the story of conflict between the prisoner and the guard; then the Mexican-American couple in Juarez, Mexico; then the Palestinian family living among Israelis in West Jerusalem. Out of nowhere, it just had me crying at my powerlessness over these things. I am in the middle of man stressful things - waiting.  In the last few years, working with addicts and alcoholics trying to get sober, I am usually too exhausted helping 20-30 adults trying to get clean and sober to have any energy left from the other problems of the world. Now, I am not used to not being exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment