Saturday, July 2, 2011

July - The month of Humility

Every month I focus on a concept - January = Honesty; February = Hope; March = Faith; April = Courage; May = Integrity; June = Willingness; July = Humility; August = Forgiveness; September = Justice or Mercy; October = Preseverance; November = Spirituality; and December = Love, Service & Gratitude.

My favorite definition of humility is that written on a plaque on the desk of Dr. Bob Smith:

Humility
Humility is perpetual quietness of heart.
It is to have no trouble.
It is never vexed, irritable or sore: to wonder at nothing that is done to me.
It is to be at rest when nobody praises me, and when I am blamed or  despised, it is to have a blessed home in myself where I can go in and shut the door... and kneel to my Father in secret and be at peace, as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around and about is seeming trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment