Thursday, October 20, 2011

Perseverance and Gratitude.

We say that a grateful alcoholic or addict will not drink or drug; he would never even consider it.  I am so grateful that I am grateful.  If I look at my life objectively or comparatively, I would hate so much of it.  Nothing is really as I would have planned it or even wanted it.  Yet, I have learned that whatever it is sober, it is good and I am free to choose my attitude under any and all circumstances.  October, being the month of perseverance, I welcome the feeling of persevering and overcoming great odds.  Yet, God has a great sense of humor and great sense of timing. When I pray for perseverance, I actually receive more events, more challenges and more obstacles to overcome. 

This morning I ran 9 miles and did 1 hour of weight training - then abs workout.  I am emotionally and physically drained.  I am so tired.  I laughed and cried.  These are conditions of my endorphins off the charts.  I am so grateful that I have the ability to see the good in all things and to see suffering as optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment