Friday, November 4, 2011

2011 Run for GUA Africa - 11 Marathons - Lose to Win! Never Give Up! Never Give In!!

My goal for 2011 was run run 11 marathons to raise $11,000 for GUA Africa's Emma Academy in South Sudan by asking 1000 to donate $11 to the cause. Thirty days from today I will run the Palm Beaches Marathon and will complete my goal. From today until December 4, 2011, I will run the Beaches World Championships Half Marathon -11/19/11, the Space Coast Half Marathon - 11/27/11 and the Palm Beaches Full Marathon - 12/4/11.  So far I have gained 57 donors and $1,718.  I feel like I am failing again, but I need to remember that I never give up!  Emma Jal taught me to try, just try and try and never give up.  Today, I was training and wanted to quit so many times.  I ran 10 miles and just wanted to quit at each mile, but I did not.  The goal was met - it did not change my life or anyone else's, but had I quit, I would have felt terrible.  Today, I did what I said I was going to do.  That is good enough today.

No comments:

Post a Comment