Saturday, May 22, 2010

Absolute Freedom


I started this blog to express my sense of adventure in my recovery from alcoholism and to reclaim my passion for life. To know my story, please refer to my blog entry on February 17, 2010. This week I became a free man on another level. On May 19, 2010, I celebrated my 48th birthday. On May 18, 2010, I stood before Chief Judge James Holderman in the federal court for the Northern District of Illinois. At that time, I presented a motion to terminate my probation. On February 17, 2007, Judge Holderman had sentenced me to 24 months in federal prison and three years probation. I had pled guilty to 2 counts of document fraud for creating false documents to cover for the fact that I had not submitted documents on behalf of clients whom I represented before the US Immigration and Naturalization Service. I surrendered my law license and basically lost everything in my life.

Could there be any good news to this? Yes, I discovered who I was and found an unshakable faith and an eternal strength!! I regained myself and accomplished more than I ever imagined I would. I found life and became a new man. I became a sober man of adventure.

Judge Holderman granted my motion and ordered that my civil rights be restored. I am humbled and remorseful what had happened, but I now know that all bad things can be transformed into good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment