Saturday, January 1, 2011

My 12 Rules of Living


Many people have a code or a set of rules for living. In Judiasm and Christianity, there are theTen Commandments. In Buddhism, the Five Basic Precepts set forth rules for living. Recovery programs have 12 Steps. I believe all these have value and many more as well. In 2010, I created my own 12 Rules for My Own Life, not for anyone else but for me to live.
They are the following:
1. Always place love first.
2. Always do what I say I am going to do.
3. Walk through fear; run through great fear and run toward the Lions' Roar.
4. Remember to ask for HELP = His Ever Loving Presence.
5. Always have a Mentor.
6. Never give up just before the miracle happens.
7. Always tell the truth.
8. Always treasure the paradox; we surrender to win. We keep our gifts by giving them away. We are loved when we give love.
9. Welcome adversity as well as prosperity because we are so much better for going through adveristy than we are in our prosperity.
10. Live one day at a time.
11. Remember that HOPE never abandons us; we abondon hope. Just TRUST.
12. Sober Life is an Adventure; cherish it always.





No comments:

Post a Comment