Tuesday, February 22, 2011

If you want what you never had, then you have to do what you have never done.

I was told when I got sober, I had to only change one thing - everything.  I was also told I could start dreaming again.  However, I tried to fulfill my dreams before my drinking took over my life and I achieved many dreams, but still I have many more to achieve.  In order for me to achieve what I have never accomplished or have (materially, spiritually, emotionally and otherwise) I must be willing to try new things and do things differently.  I need to be willing to do the things that I don't want to do and have the courage to do things that I have never done.  My experience is that running a race, going to a new place, starting a new adventure is doing things that I have never done - and, whether the result is good or bad never matters.  I have a new experience and I am always better for it! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Finland :) Glad I ran into your blog, always searching to read about life experiences from other people who have quit alcohol.

    "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten" --- I just posted this quote to my FB-page last week..basically the same as the title of your post here. Two years sober myself, the best is yet to come.

    Will be reading your blog with interest.

    ReplyDelete