Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I will choose to enjoy a sober and passionate life...


When I went to treatment, my counselor, Carl McAvey, became my friend and became my mentor in recovery and in treatment philosophy. He ignited and encouraged my passion for adventure. He remained a loyal friend and mentor as I had to go away and begin my life anew.
He wrote this reflection which was displayed in the main group room:
I will choose to enjoy a sober and passionate life. I will choose to fully inhabit my days, to live fully aware and fully alive, and to keep my heart and mind at one with the universe. I will choose to lighten my heart until it becomes an angel's wing, a brilliant torch or a hopeful promise. I will choose to take risks soberly; to live and love. When opportunities come to me, like seeds I will plant them in the fertile soil of my heart, so they will grow in the sunlight of my spirit, and from there, be shared...

No comments:

Post a Comment