Monday, April 5, 2010

Rebirth and Renewal Every Day

Today is the day after Easter. It is a typical Monday and I woke up at my normal time of 5:00 am to get to the gym by 6:00 am for 45 minutes of Cardio and then 45 minutes of weight training. I have a huge day of work and lots of deadlines and my mind immediately went to fatigue and wanting to go back under the sheets. But then, I remembered that each day is precious. I am reborn today and I have a clean slate to make this a good day, a bad day or something in between. I can take the lessons of Easter that I am forgiven for yesterday and I am resurrected in His image today. I am sober and not hung over as was the case in many Mondays a few years ago. I had justifiable dread of those days as I inflicted pain on myself. Today, I have a choice - Up with hope or down with despair. My body and mind may want to rest or take it easy, but today my spirit wants MORE out of the day. I want to give to someone, to make a difference, and to do something important. I want today to matter and I must remember that adventures await around every, every sober day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment