Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sober Adventure...when one ends, another begins.

One year ago today, I was in Chicago to appear before in federal court before the Chief Judge of the Northern District of Illinois to present my motion to terminate my probation early.  The federal prosecutor, Nancy and Jim T, from the Federal Defender's office were there.  Judge Holderman presided.  The motion was granted and I was finally out of a four year nightmare.  But I caused that nightmare.  My problems are always of my own making.

In the last year, I have had so many sober adventures. The Chicago Marathon and the Miami Marathon.  About 10 half marathons - Daytona Beach, Space Coast, Gasparilla, Floridathon, Orlando OUC, Miami Beach, Florida AIA and Melbourne Music Half.  I have made countless new friends.  Sailed. Studied.  Written books. Discovered new artists.  Enjoyed sunsets and sunrises.  Full moons.  Seen incredible animals. 

Cherished people - Brenda, Kelly, Reggie, Ramel, Carlos, Bill, my parents, Terry and Michael, Claire, Todd and Julie, Corey, Rafael, Gail, Imelda, and Emmanuel Jal. 

I am alive and healthy.  I am sober. It is all I need. Not all I want, but all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment