Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rebirth...The First Day of Spring

Today, the first day of spring, I ran with some good friends in the Florida Halfathon, a 13.1 mile race at Fort DeSoto, Tierra Verde, Florida. The full moon gave way to beautiful sunshine, a cool gulf breeze guided the runners around the island and the beauty of the place was so profound that I often was overcome with joy at another rebirth.  Christians are often "born again" and I think that is wonderful to feel awakened to a sense of eternal life.  Henry David Thoreau said that only he who is fully awaken is truly alive (not a direct quote) but the meaning for me is to try each day to embrace life in its fullest spiritual largeness, not confined by worry or fear.  Life is meant to be truly lived and today I am doing it better and better each day...When I welcome the first day or spring, I can join in nature to grow and experience a rebirth of my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment