Monday, August 8, 2011

Life After Deafeat

LIFE AFTER DEFEAT

“I have missed more than 9,000 shots, lost almost 300 games, on 26 occasions have been entrusted to take the game-winning shot…and missed. I have failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan

“I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk.” – Anthony Robbins

“The purpose of our lives is to give birth to the best which is within us.” – Marianne Williamson

When I returned in Orlando, Florida in April 2008, I had no idea how I would start my life over again. I had been defeated by my own hands and by every other circumstances. My family was all that stood in my way of complete and utter homelessness. It is said that "when you are down to nothing, God is up to something." I pray daily and throughout the day for God's plan for me...and then I go out and just do the best I can. I just do the best I can. I will never be Michael Jordan, Anthony Robbins or Marianne Williamson. I will never be the best lawyer, economist, writer, sailor, runner, addiction counselor, spokesperson for GUA Africa, fund raiser or philanthropist. But maybe, if I try hard, I can do something beyond my own limitations. I can do something good for others and I can make a difference in some people's lives...so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment