Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Run toward your Roar

RUN TOWARD YOUR ROAR

When I run and listen to Emmanuel Jal’s music, I picture the child soldiers, not more than 10 years old walking from South Sudan to Ethiopia. At night, animals would often attack the children at night – they never felt safe.Thinking of them gives my running a purpose and gives me energy when I feel pain or fear. One of my favorite stories is the story of how lions hunt their prey…When the lions sense a herd of animals, the male lions will crouch down and hide themselves in the bush on one side of the herd.Then the female lions will encircle the herd on the other sides of the herd.Once in place, the male lions will roar!!!! The herd runs in fear of the male lions into the mouths of the female lions.The lesson – Run toward your roar!!! The lesson for me is to face and run toward that which I fear

.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment