Sunday, April 17, 2011

Acceptance may be the answer, but hope and courage are the tools for the question.

Yesterday, I received the materials to apply for the Certified Addiction Professional certification documents from the State of Florida.  Barred by the Governor for the time being from obtaining my Florida law license, I am trying to regain my professional standing...I have a vision for a drug, alcohol and chemical dependency center in Orlando, Florida.  This week, I was able to share this vision with a friend who gave me encouragement and has ideas to help this dream come true.  I know that what Thoreau says is true "If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."

The fact is that I do not have courage so much as I simply find staying in the same place or going backward as unbearable.  Forward confidently or unconfidently is the only direction that I can go...I love being sober; I am not happy to be in this place in my life...that's what makes the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment