Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Divine Discontent

Lord, let me always desire more than I think I can do — Michelangelo

I used to never be satisfied with myself, but I was afraid to become what I could be so I never tried to change.  There was also a part of me that was always trying to change through quick fixes.  I would make a plan, buy books and take lessons, all to make me change.  A few years ago, I made some goals and began changing little by little and transforming little by little.  I could see a difference in me. I could see the change and it made me want to be more while still liking who I am...I like who I am becoming and strive to be better and better daily...

This is not the way I used to think.  I used to think that if I could only know something, do something, feel something, then I would be the person I want to be.  Today, I am proud of who I am and who I am becoming. 

The following is a message from a serve that I receive daily and this was the message I received today:

"There is a part of us that will not let us be content until we be-come all that we are capable of being. Life is not about resting on our laurels and hanging out in our comfort zone; it is an ad–venture from good to better to best.

Rev. Jack Boland urged, “Do not let good be the enemy of better. ” Your current situation may be good, but if a greater opportunity presents itself, you must be open to expand. This does not mean you are to run away or violate your integrity. If, however, you can step ahead with honesty, honor, and peace, you will enjoy the benefits of living in a larger universe.  Muscles stay strong and flexible only by use and stretching, and so does our mind. Challenge is the universe’s way of showing us that we are bigger than we thought we were.  Bless your dreams, your desires, and your sense that there must be more. There is more because you are more.

Give me the courage to ask for it all.  I leave behind my limits and step forward to live as large as God.
----------

This meditation is an excerpt from Alan Cohen's meditation book, A Deep Breath of Life. If you liked today's meditation, please support the author and purchase the book by clicking here.
Click Here to Log In to http://www.intherooms.com/ and Get Centered For The Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment