Monday, April 18, 2011

Many men go fishing all of their loves without knowing it is not fish they are after - Thoreau

I wanted to be an international business lawyer and became one, but then I was not happy. I drank to be happy and I drank to forget that I was not happy. Soon alcohol became the only solution for the problems that I had as a result of my self-destructive alcoholic thinking and behavior.  Today, I am sober. I have been sober over 4 years and yet I still search.  I am a seeker.  I search for answers to many questions, but I no longer look for them in the bottom of a bottle or the bottom of a cocktail glass.  Today, I pray. Today, I meditate. Today, I find answers in the wisdom of others and in quiet listening to what is in my heart.  I find answers in great books and I fins answers in qualified professionals. I am willing to listen today.  Today I seek honesty, hope faith, courage, integrity, willingness, humility, fellowship, justice, perseverance, spirituality and service to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment