Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter - Not about the Resurrection or Rebirth, but about Life Everlasting

I went to church with my parents to make them happy.  Certainly, it is the least I can do to make them happy.  But the minister, Joel Hunter, spoke not about Easter being about the resurrection or about rebirth or about salvation - though he did include these messages.  His message on this Easter Day is that Christians need to honor that the resurrection of Jesus Christ truly means that Christ was rasied from the dead to live - that He lives still today in all Christians. (In all beings, I would assert).  I believe that the Universe offers us life and we must choose to live or choose to exist.  I have spent time existing and it is not worth living.  "Everybody dies, but not everybody lives..." so goes the hip hop lyric in Nicki Minaj's "Still I Rise".  I choose life - joyful, purpose filled living...

No comments:

Post a Comment