Monday, April 11, 2011

I only want it all to be worth it...that my life has value.

When I was young I had so many dreams and when I became an adult, most of them came true.  Something was still missing and I filled the void with alcohol which ended up erasing all that I had built and all that I had done. Broken, completely broke, I surrendered and began to heal. The road back to sanity - to honesty, hope, faith, courage, integrity, willingness, humility, justice, perseverance, spirituality and love has been long and hard...it has narrowed and there have been many obstacles.  With so many roadblocks, I too have had to forge my own path and I am utterly and endlessly grateful for it.  There are days where I just sit and cry in despair; these are good days because I am in touch with my brokenness where only good will come.  The bad days are when I feel self-will and delusion rising...I promised my Creator I would do whatever was asked of me, my only request is that it is worth it...that my life has value.  So far, so good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment