Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Be Yourself

In a world where you can be anything you want to be - Be Yourself!! This is one of the great trials of life to me and many in recovery.  We have been who others want us to be.  We have been who we imagine others want us to be.  We have been who we wish we were, but we were great actors.  I became the person I always wanted to be when I surrendered to who I truly was...When I got sober, I learned "To thine own self be true..." It took me a few years to begin to understand what that meant and to act upon it. Today, I am true to myself - I am honest, I have hope, I have faith, I have courage, I have integrity, I am willing to change, I am humbled by my reliance on God, I have love for all people, I have a sense of justice and preseverance, I am spiritual and I am very grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment