Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Don't Limit Your Challenges... Challenge Your Limits - Anonymous

Anyone who has ever done anything worthwhile had to let go of old ideas and try something new!!! Today, my sobriety is about testing my own abilities to go beyond what I need to do to build a new and better life for myself. I am working hard to pursue my dreams, but always with the idea that my life is not my own and that I need to focus on what needs I can contribute to, what problems can I solve and how can I serve. I remember when I was in prison and became depressed that I could not see the sea. The idea that I would not be able to see the ocean for a long time made me so depressed. Then, I ready "Sailing Around the World Alone" by Joshua Slocum and I realized that I can be anywhere I want - even if just in my dreams! Dreams can come true. Less than a year later I was sailing on the Gulf of Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment