Wednesday, September 21, 2011

God...Unseen Help

When I got sober, my spirituality grew.  I did not become more religious, just more in awe of the power of God, the God of my understanding.  I discovered that I had begun to believe in a God that I could trust.  In one of my daily meditation books, 24 Hours a Day, this is the Meditation for September 21:  "In improving our personal lives, we have Unseen help. We were not made so that we could see God. That would be too easy for us and there would be no merit in obeying Him. It takes an act of faith, a venture of belief, to realize the Unseen Power. Yet we have much evidence of God's existence in the strength that many people have received from the act of faith, the venture of belief. We are in a box of space and time and we can see neither our souls nor God. God and the human spirit are both outside the limitations of space and time. Yet our Unseen help is effective here and now. That has been proved in thousands of changed lives."  This has been true in my life and my recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment