Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sobriety and the Miracle

I believe that my sobriety is truly a gift.  It is hard to believe what a mess I used to be and how I have been able to rise up from such a hopeless state of demoralization.  I had no idea that my life could be so good and that I could live without even the thought of drinking or alcoholism.  If I am asked what advice I have, I would say that certain slogans have kept me on track:

"Don't give up just before the miracle happens."

"If you do what you always have done, you will get what you always got."

"If you want what you never had, you have to do what you have never done."

"I got sober when I became willing to do the things that I did not want to do."

"I ceased fighting everyone and everything...I simply had to."

"I alone can do it, but I cannot do it alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment